Monday, August 24, 2009

Class 1 Homework Summary

  1. Get/order the book Layers, The Complete Guide to Photoshop’s most powerful tool, by Matt Kloskowski
  2. Get and bring to class needed course materials (notebook, hard drive, camera, etc)
  3. Shoot first 100 images of image parts bin/archive – 25 landscapes, 25 people, 25 textures, 25 objects. Bring in the digital files for you 100 images.
  4. Read your camera manual so that you are ready to shoot some images next class in a manual control mode. Bring your camera to class next time.
  5. Collect images from contemporary print (or online) media that you believe to be digitally created, processed, reworked, or otherwise modified. Bring them to class.

8 comments:

Alecia Walls-Barton said...

Hey you guys! I went to find "Layers" at DavisKidd and they were out but they can order it for you. I ordered it today and it should be here in about 3-4 days.

Will Crabb said...

Thanks Alecia. Did Zark say where to find the Deke McClelland text? It was PS CS2 one-on-one. Guess I'll look online.

Trinityp333 said...

I found the mcclelland book for 9.00 on barnes and noble, and layers for 25. Not sure how long it will take to get here but it was really inexpensive.

Alecia Walls-Barton said...

Well....actually Layers is backordered now from DavisKidd and they ordered me the wrong item!!! So yea, got it for 25 on amazon. The folks at DavisKIdd said you can order it from the publisher which is Peachpit.com but it probably won't be any cheaper than what I found.

Will Crabb said...

Thanks guys. I'll try and get them that way.

Will Crabb said...

Got mine both on amazon and it looks like I'll be lucky to get the McClelland one by early next week and Layers by the end of next week.

Will Crabb said...

got both of the textbooks.

Will Crabb said...

Well, it's been kinda quiet round here for a while. How's the HW going for everyone. Starting to wish we'd had class this week. Lost some momentum. Next few days hopefully will see a comeback.