Dear Class,
My apologies in posting this so late. As I ask your fogiveness, I offer leniency for those of you who may not finish these assignments by Monday's class. I have been sick as a dog since Wednesday. Here is the summary.
w10_a1
Assignment 1 - Two Paintings
Using Photoshop's brush engine and the tablets in the lab, create two paintings. The first of the paintings should be a self-portrait. For this you can use a photograph as a source for tracing. The second painting should be completed without tracing a source image. The purpose of these exercises is to experiment and practice with the brush tool while builing and image from many layers. Building brush work skills will have a very positive effect on your ability to edit and composite photographic information in PS and it might even inspire you to see PS as an additive creative tool. I encourage you to use as many layers as possible and experiment with layer blend modes and opacity as well. The two paintings should be ready to present as uncompressed/unflattened .psd files.
w10_a2
Assignment 2 - Collect Materials to Scan
Collect physical materials for experimental scanning. For this I suggest primarily bringing objects with volume, transparency, translucency, reflectivity, texture and or perforation. The only limitation is that I as that you only bring things which will not damage the scanners. Bring scanable materials, light sources (flashlights etc.), and background/blackout materials (if you have them) to class so we can make experimental compositions on the scanners in class. This is experimentation so cast your nets widely.
w10_a3
Assignment 3 - Six Finished Impossible Image Prints and Thematic Statement
Print 6 final Impossible Images on the Epson inkjet printers in the lab. Write (type) a brief statement of your thematic strategy for this assignment. Be prepared to present the prints and writing for critique (and grading).
w10_a4
Assignment 4 - Text and Image Project Refinement
Push your Text and Image project images farther. You should reduce the number of clients down to 2 (of which you can be one). For each of the two clients you should produce 3-5 images. Try to use the comments from critique to challenge yourself. This project is about the fairly stark juxtaposition of at least three separate legible elements (image, image and text). Each part plays and important role. The hierarchy you create within these parts and compositions dictates how a viewer will read your visual phrases. Please bring this work in unflattened .psd format.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Zark,
I was wondering if you received my email. I didn't get any response, and I was worried if you received it or not.
Julyanna Carvalho
Post a Comment